Saturday, January 2, 2010

Daddy? Why do you vote Republican?

(Above) The original editorial illustration, c. 1950, awaiting your answers! (Click image for larger view.)


I SPOTTED THIS ILLUSTRATION ON EBAY TODAY. CHECK IT OUT. It was done c. 1950. It’s screaming for an answer from “dad,” who happens to look a bit like Bill O’Reilly of FOX News. I have a few answers of my own, but I thought I’d let my readers reply.


What I am getting ready to ask of you, dear readers, is based on something I did as a kid. Even as small as 10 years of age, I used to cut photographs from the local newspaper and write my own “funny captions” for the pictures. Here’s what I want you to do. Go to “COMMENTS” and leave “daddy’s reply” to his son as to why he votes Republican. The top 5 comments I will add to the original art (digitally) and publish the comments next day. Have fun!

12 comments:

Cameron Adams said...

Because right-thinking people never question the party line, son.

Chris said...

"So that when you grow up you can have endless war and no health insurance, son."

John Foster said...

OK, so far I am laughing my ass off!!!

Barbara Carlson said...

God made me do it.

Maureen said...

Because I'm George H. Bush, and since you're my son, and you will too.

Christine H. said...

Son, have you ever seen Ann Coulter naked?

Peter Faur said...

I want government keeping its nose out of our lives and reduced spending ... you know, like Terri Schiavo, the Patriot Act and the Iraqi War

Billy Frolick said...

"Because my future is important to me, Tommy -- but I couldn't give a damn about yours."

Barbara Carlson said...

Re Billy Frolick's excellent entry --

And, like George W. was heard to say, "What have future generations ever done for me?!"

**** said...

"Son, have you ever seen Ann Coulter naked?"
by: Christine H.

THIS ONE WINS. HANDS-DOWN.

When I got to Christine's I decided not to even try.

Christopher Paquette said...

Back in the 50's there might have been a difference between R's & D's.. . This cartoon means nothing today.

William Zeytounlian said...

'porque eu quero que o mundo nos odeie'.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...