Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Master of Metaphor

Click any image for larger view.



Click any image for larger view.




Click any image for larger view.

Click any image for larger view.



JAVIER JEAN BENAVIDES IS A SPANISH ILLUSTRATOR who I have reported on in the past. Javier is a master of metaphor who continues to inspire me with his ability to bring new meaning by the pairing of ordinary objects. The genius of what he does is how he sees. This man sees beauty in the mundane and poetry in their form. In the past I compared Javier Jaén Benavides vision to that of the great Saul Steinberg. I still believe that.

See the earlier post here.

See Javier’s web site here.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

First one is brilliant!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for showing his work again. Now I know I have to look through all of your posts. Just to see how much more you have hidden there.

Don't know how you do it, you amaze me each time around with your finds. THANK YOU!!!!

Christel & David said...

Thank you to share what you dig, I think your blog is my favourite corner. by the way, this one is just excellent !

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...