Monday, May 17, 2010

Mask of the Lamb




HOW WONDERFULLY CREEPY IS THIS? This haunting mask, symbolic of the innocence of a lamb, represents a rare and previously unknown character example likely used in fraternal lodge ceremonies. It’s origin is New York State, and is circa 1880s to 1900. I love it because there is absolutely nothing innocent about this. If I saw someone with this mask on, I’ll expect to hear next: “It rubs the lotion on the skin.” (Silence of the Lambs)

Of course, this is from Joshua Lowenfels and can be found on 1st Dibs here.

2 comments:

April said...

Very creepy. Then again, I think fraternal lodges themselves are creepy. The things old white guys will do for fun...

Christine H. said...

I picture George Bush wearing this and running naked through the woods. That is what they do in these fraternal organizations, isn't it?

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...