Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Telephone Etiquette

Click any image for a larger view.









MANY OF YOU MAY REMEMBER WHEN THE TELEPHONE WAS SOMETHING OF A NEW THING. I always remember having a phone, but I do remember when we got a lighter weight rotary phone, one that replaced our old, black heavy one. And, we even had a color or two to pick from! White, black and tan, if I remember correctly. I think there may have been options then for yellow and red as well.

Imagine today, receiving a booklet from the phone company about telephone etiquette. How quaint and naive were our times.


I found these on a Flickr page somewhere, and lost the original source. If I could identify you, I would, and I do want to apologize.

8 comments:

Christopher Paquette said...

Glub Glub Mo Blon....

This is priceless!!

Maureen said...

My grandmother had one you had to crank to use. I just spent two weeks on Wall Street doing a temp gig making phone sales, what a world.

Unknown said...

I answer the phones for a marketing company in Chicago. The amount of calls has been cut down dramatically since the advent of email.
Does anyone else remember, 'party lines.'? For a kid they were so fun to eavesdrop on... someone would always stop talking and say, 'who's on the line? get OFF the phone!'

Kym said...

Interesting topic! My parents still have a rotary phone that is hooked up in the basement...I love using that phone when I am over there!

india flint said...

this is absolutely priceless!

Anonymous said...

So, where's the cell phone version?

Ruby said...

Greeting the caller personally isn't only about impressions. It's also about building a quality conversation and phone relationship. It's just right to emphasize the importance of a warm welcome to the one we are talking to. It's something intangible that will be worth keeping. :)

[Ruby Chelmsford]

Unknown said...

Here in Australia, other than companies acquiring their toll free numbers from an Australian telecom company of their choice, observance of proper phone etiquette is quite important.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...