Thursday, July 30, 2009

Focused on the Game

Click any image for larger view.


Click any image for larger view.




Click any image for larger view.


PHILLIP TOLEDANO STARTED SHOOTING PICTURES AT THE AGE OF 11, when he convinced his parents to buy him a camera. Creative kid and wonderful parents! I first became aware of Mr. Toledano’s wonderful photographs through the book
PHONESEX, published by Twin Palms Press. There, he convinced actual phone sex operators to allow themselves to be photographed, peering inside the private world of those who satisfy others through anonymous conversation.

So, what are these photographs of? People in the throes of passion? Well, yes... sort of. Toledano photographed people in the middle of playing video games.

According to Toledano: “Everything should start with an idea. Whether it be a single image, or a series, I believe that a photograph should be like an unfinished sentence. There should be a space for questions.” I wish I had written this. It’s everything I believe about a photograph as well.

All images copyright © Phillip Toledano.

5 comments:

corinnemcafee@mac.com said...

I wanna see the phone sex photos, too. I bet they're less animated than the gamers.

Fabulous stuff.

Unknown said...

some people act like they are in a trance, likely role-playing and fantasizing, but not at all hypnotized. UK Cheap Phone Sex

PriscillaSabina said...

Yes some people do deep enjoy the game and involve himself and act by there faces
Phone Sex

Collier said...

I have added you to my bookmarks, I also have a buddy, that will really enjoy this page,
Phone Sex

Ariana said...

Why people make his face with various situation and excitement, I think it is the psychological effect on human mind
Phone Sex

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...