Monday, April 16, 2012

How to Lose Your Security Deposit

Click on any image for larger view.




Surfing the world of Russian Web sites and blogs I uncovered this example of horror vacui, the “fear of blank or empty spaces.” This is an exceptional example of a hyper-obsessive personality, usually borne from mental illness or other personality disorder.

Here is all I have been able to learn, but not confirm, and I am quoting from another site:

“The name of the artist was Mitasov, and he was born in the middle of 20th century and died in a psychiatric hospital in 1999. He had a university degree, was an economist, worked as the head manager of a store. When he got sick, he covered everything with inscriptions in several layers. Right now the apartment is all fixed up. Even today, you can still see some of his inscriptions in various places in the neighborhood. Most of the writing is in Ukranian.”

Here is the link to the photos on a Russian Web site:

http://kolya-s-raena.livejournal.com/13839.html

6 comments:

Kipik said...

I believe these compulsive traits have to do with frustrated creativity... reminds me of when I was picking colourful leaves on a lawn and a kid passed by asking his mum why I was picking leaves. "some people are weird" was her answer... That kind of frustrated creativity.

Mindful Mimi said...

Wow - I like doodling, but this is some serious doodle maniac :-)

John Foster said...

You got that right MiMi. The only stopping point for these special people is when there is nothing left to write on that hasn't been already.

Linda Davick said...

Great title, and reminds me of my bedroom as a kid. My dad finally painted over the walls with "chalk board" paint.

Venus Blues Hideaway said...

I'm Speechless............Wow!!! This guys brain was full of something? Great photos.

Faye

Muzzy said...

Can't help but think of Jean-Michel Basquiat when I see this. Though this is on a much grander scale.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...