Friday, January 16, 2009

A Crooked Little House


I PASS THIS HOUSE every few weeks or so in St. Louis. So, one day last week, I stopped and walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. No one answered. So, I took a couple of pictures to share with you. I think the house is Art Deco style, but it is really plain and boxy. I am torn as to whether this is sorta cool, or a real affront to an original example of Deco-style architecture. It sure catches one’s attention.

I remember this house as far back as the late 1970s, and to my memory, it did not have the tilted addition. This “add-on” was built, to my memory, in the 1980’s. It’s too bad no one was at home, because I wanted more information and really wanted to see inside. If I get more information, I’ll report back.

5 comments:

Tony Renner said...

where is it?

John Foster said...

It's on Sappington Road, between Big Bend and Adams, near Ursuline School.

Linda said...

This is too good to be true.

Charlee said...

This house is straight from a fairy tale. Wonderful!

skweeds said...

I am so glad I found this post... I used to drive by this house ALL THE TIME when I lived in Kirkwood. I left St. Louis 3 years ago and I really miss seeing this house all the time.

When I used to pass it at night and the blinds/shades were open in the one sideways room, there was a giant map on the wall, I can't remember if it was a map of the USA or a map of just Illinois or something... Any guesses?

Anyway, thanks for posting this... I LOVE this house!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...